Monday 13 May 2013

The Lurker


A sunday night in March this year, I was closing the blind at the back of our house and I saw some movement in the dark. Thinking it was a fox, I slowly crept out the back door with my camera and took a snap. The flash caused a great commotion as what I thought was a fox scrabbled to get up and over our fence and shed. It was only when I checked the photo on my laptop I saw that it was no fox... it was a strange, long-limbed monkey type creature. A lurker.
Anyone else seen this creature? If so, drop me a line.


3 comments:

  1. Now THAT is creepy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen something similar to this when I was walking along stream walk at night. It seemed to come out of the shadows like a black smoke and form itself into a figure. I was just crossing Cromwell Rd and about to go under the bridge when I saw it. Needless to say it totally freaked me out. Like watching a special effect happening in real life. I looked at it for a couple of seconds when the train thundered overhead. I looked up for a second and when i looked back it was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there's a little girl holding a shovel or stick, to the right and behind the
    'Whitstable Moocher'. It appears, to me at least, to be digging. Digging perhaps to unearth and release something long since dead. This may be a yearly occurrence which you Sarah, by pure chance, interrupted. If you can remember the date you can be prepared to perhaps observe this 'happening' next year.

    ReplyDelete